1. Select 'Set a Prefect Restriction' or 'Set a Seamless Restriction' option from 'System Controls', and this is fast and more secure way to restrict key points of your system. You can use 'Set Restriction Myself' option and design your restriction rules if you understand what every option meant for.
2. Select 'Allow only Whitelist' option from 'Website Controls', because this option allows you to access or visit only whitelisted websites within limited times. 'Allow only Whitelist' enables you to limit websites within whitelisted websites, so you can visit only those websites which are listed on the whitelist. 'Block only Blacklist' option enables you to visit any websites, except those blacklisted websites; a blacklist can be website addresses and key words. So using 'Block only Blacklist' is not recommended. Please make sure that you using only these four browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and 360 browsers. EL-Hyper Protector prohibits other browsers – except those four browsers – while running; even Microsoft Edge is also restricted.
3. Set computer time and Internet time restrictions in 'Time Controls'. For example you can set as following configuration if you want to use computer three hours, but use Internet one hour in the afternoon from 2PM to 5PM, and not using computer on Saturday and Sunday.
4. Block sensitive program/applications in your computer by 'Program Controls', specially block non main stream browsers. You can restrict game programs if you are addicted with them.
5. Block hard disks/drivers, removable USB storage and folders in 'Advanced Controls' if you think it is necessary, it is up to you. You can block specific TCP ports if needed, the most common TCP ports:
- HTTP (Web browsing): 80
- HTTPS (SSL): 443
- FTP: 21
- SSH: 22
- Telnet: 23
- And many other TCP ports, you can define yourself if necessary
6. Lock down your own password which has been set for EL-Hyper Protector within limited days in 'Self Controls'. It is also called the 'Lock Password' function. You can lock the password of EL-Hyper Protector according to the days of the months of the year, and you cannot log into the main window of EL-Hyper Protector unless your current day matches the 'allowed days', so that you are unable make any modification to the settings in these 'blocked days'. However, you can access the main window of the programme if your current day matches the 'allowed days' and then you can change the settings.
The aim of the Self Controls feature is to help you to control your actions over EL-Hyper Protector. For example, let’s say that you are the one who is setting the configurations and you have the password of EL-Hyper Protector. At the same time, you were bothered or tempted yourself to use the computer or Internet uselessly and, for this reason, you logged into the EL-Hyper Protector and changed or disabled settings. So, you are wasting your precious time in front of the computer or Internet by watching movies, playing games or losing time with many other trivial, useless, or even harmful matters on the Internet, and that is becoming a habit for you. This kind of action is called, 'computer or Internet addiction,' in other words. Now, in this case, Self Controls can help you to stop these behaviours and regulate yourself at some points.
Other than the above case where you would want to regulate your usage time of the computer and Internet, and want to have healthy routines in the use of the computer and Internet, Self Controls is right here for you to help yourself. Also, Self Controls may help you to improve your work efficiency, and even may help for your health because it constrains you from spending long times in front of the computer and urges you to do some beneficial outdoor exercises and activities.
7. Configure your password and place (geography) in 'Settings' option.